Our Autumn/Winter Programme will begin in early September, JCVI advises that for the 2022 autumn booster programme, the following groups should be offered a COVID-19 booster vaccine:
· residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
· frontline health and social care workers
· all adults aged 50 years and over
· persons aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group
· persons aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
· persons aged 16 to 49 years who are carers
Individuals will be invited by age starting with the over 80 first. All individuals aged 65 and above and those in clinical risk groups will be sent a letter with an appointment, there will be instructions on the letter detailing how you can change your appointment if it doesn’t suit. For all other individuals, you will receive a letter, email or text depending on what you requested previously and you will be invited to book on line on call the National Call Centre.
For those individuals who also qualify for Flu both vaccinations will be given at the same appointment.
We will provide a further update by the 20th of August 2022.